Power your business-critical workloads
The PowerEdge R840 accelerates business insights and delivers unprecedented performance density for your in-database analytics. Deliver consistent results for demanding applications with powerful, four-socket performance and large memory. Even as your workloads become more complex, OpenManage™ Enterprise simplifies management of your IT infrastructure so you can focus on your business objectives. Integrated security and proven reliability helps ensure maximum uptime in your enterprise data center.
- Data intensive applications
- Data analytics
Scale application performance for demanding data analytics workloads
The R840 offers versatile resources that allow you to meet changing business demands. Maximize performance and minimize latency with direct-attached NVMe drives.
- Boost performance with up to four Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and up to 112 processing cores
- Address large data sets with up to 48 DIMMs (12 of which can be NVDIMMs) and up to 6TB of memory
- Scale capacity and performance with up to 26 2.5” HDDs/SSDs (up to 24 NVME drives)
- Accelerate applications with two doublewide GPUs or two FPGAs
- Speed data transfers with fully integrated ultra path interconnects (UPIs)
Automate everyday tasks
Reduce the time and effort required to manage IT environments with intelligent automation.
- Improve efficiency with agent-free iDRAC9 with Lifecycle Controller for automated, simplified management
- Deploy OpenManage Enterprise as a virtual appliance in your choice of ESXI, Hyper-V or KVM environments
- Use OpenManage Integrations or Connections to manage PowerEdge servers with existing console investments
- Resolve issues up to 90% faster* with proactive and predictive issue notification from ProSupport Plus and SupportAssist
Safeguard IT operations
Fortify your data center with comprehensive protection to protect, detect and recover from cyber-attacks. Maximize uptime with a cyber-resilient architecture and robust security features.
- Maintain data safety with cryptographically signed firmware packages and Secure Boot
- Detect and prevent unauthorized or malicious changes with Server Lockdown
- Ensure a trusted backup is used from a secure, hidden boot device with Rapid OS/BIOS recovery
- Wipe all data from storage media quickly and securely with System Erase
- Help deliver high availability with hot-pluggable drives and power supplies
อ้างอิงจาก : https://www.dell.com/